Lord! Save us!
I found the article too important to let go so sharing the same on my blog, for later read.
20 Things a Mother Should Tell Her Son
1. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don’t take something away from her that you can’t give back.
2. Play a sport. It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time and stay out of trouble. And maybe even throw or catch.
3. Use careful aim when you pee. Somebody’s got to clean that up, you know.
4. Save money when you’re young because you’re going to need it some day.
5. Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven, washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom. Now please go use them.
6. Pray and be a spiritual leader.
7. Don’t ever be a bully and don’t ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.
8. Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you.
9. Treat women kindly. Forever is a long time to live alone and it’s even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.
10. Take pride in your appearance.
11. Be strong and tender at the same time.
12. A woman can do everything that you can do. This includes her having a successful career and you changing diapers at 3 A.M. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.
13. “Yes ma’am” and “yes sir” still go a long way.
14. The reason that they’re called “private parts” is because they’re “private”. Please do not scratch them in public.
15. Peer pressure is a scary thing. Be a good leader and others will follow.
16. Bringing her flowers for no reason is always a good idea.
17. Be patriotic.
18. Potty humor isn’t the only thing that’s humorous.
19. Please choose your spouse wisely. My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me spending time with you and my grandchildren.
20. Remember to call your mother because I might be missing you.
I wanna quit it all and just be with him. At least for a few months. I sooo want to do it.
It’s been quite some time since I posted about him but this is exactly the reason why I haven’t. Anyways, I must else this time will be lost for me.
Anay has become quite naughty ever since he turned one. We’re always looking on what he’s upto. Under the dinner table, behind the chairs, running to the doors, he’s practically always upto something. And, frankly, am not complaining. This is the most beautiful time of parenthood. The first one year is more silent observation. But now, the child is responding, doing things he wants to do, and learning new things. He wants to touch and feel everything..and more so, ‘taste’ everything. And somehow he always finds out something wrong or harmful to taste or touch. Just the other day, he was all interested in getting his hand into the AC duct. Phew!
But, people tell me that he’s still quite a tame and lovely child, not bothersome, as they many times are.
He’s become quite fond of me..nowadays. 🙂 And, it’s a lovely feeling…rewarding actually. Tarun is not happy, of course. 😛 But, he doesn’t mind either. He can’t complain 😀
Am glad. Am glad I took the decision of hiring a maid for the dinner. When I and Tarun returned from our Chandigarh visit (2-day holiday we took without Anay) Anay was only interested in meeting Tarun. He didn’t care to see me or come to me at all. With so many others to take care of him, I was only preparing things for him but not feeding him myself. There was no time for me to actually spend and do things with him. That’s when I decided I’m going to keep a cook and spend more time with him. And, voila! My decision has paid off.
But now I also feel sad. When I leave for office in the morning, Anay is sleeping. But, when he gets up, folks tell me, that he looks for me. After spending good 2 days with me over the weekend, he was quite cranky in the morning today. Tarun, Mji, Pji…all tried to humor him but nothing seemed to be helping. 😦 I feel sorry for having to leave him. I don’t know if it’s just a passing phase and I shudn’t think much about him. Or, shud I just quit everything and be with him.
Will wait for God to show me sm way.
For now, the happy memories are that during the day, he keeps coming to me, in between his plays, and would hug my legs. He would hug me and wait for me to pick him up. 🙂 It mostly happens when am busy working in the kitchen. 😛 I guess he likes to have me around him all the time, whether I am doing sth with him or not, but just be there, within eye-shot.
He also has started enjoying and recognizing Nana-Nani-Mama. He enjoys his stay there and the people just get all goooey-eyed around him. They just can’t get enough of him and practically threaten me to come home and visit them, now 😀 They can’t wait for a month to pass.
It’s a nice feeling. Happy!