On 25th November’2014, I turned 30. I am happy to have reached the mark. I no more worry about hiding my age. In my 27-29th year, I was getting shy about sharing my age as I felt I’m inching closer to the ‘old-age’. But now, I’m okay. I accept it and take pride in it, just the way I used to before. There are things I haven’t achieved yet, and there are a lot I’m glad I did. I would like to write down the things I’m thankful to God, as of today. I don’t know how Life would be going forward. I hope it is as good and kind towards me, as it has been so far. But, no matter what lies ahead, I would like this post to remain and remind me of how kind God has been to me, for the best part of my life.
1. Fulfilling, caring, dedicated, educated, humble parents, who gave me a lot, to pave the way for me.
2. A very good schooling, full of extra-curricular activities. They have defined me more than my studies. Definitely, the studies and the hard-work has got me so far, but the extra-curriculars give me the edge over others. The communication skills and the comfortability in being able to express my thoughts. It is something that really makes a difference in many areas of your life, personal or professional.
3. Marriage – I think it is the deal-maker/breaker for anyone’s life. If you’re married happily, you can win the world, and if you aren’t, no matter how much you win, you’ll never be happy. Finding Tarun as my husband, and his family as ‘my family’ has been the biggest blessing from God. A friend, an advisor, a complement, in every way. And, his parents, they are nothing like my parents, and I think that is what makes them totally a blessing. Had I not come from one extreme to another extreme, I would have never been able to appreciate the beauty and the positives/negatives of it all. It is hard, many times, and it still is, but the get-aways are far more than the losses. I’ll be more than happy to have this same setup, same thing, same way, in all further lives to come.
4. Career – Lots of turns, lots of upheavals. Nothing made sense when it was happening. And yet, all the pieces have come together so well now, that they never should have seemed wrong. All the bad things that were happening, they are a constant reminder to me on how people are stuck in a bad situation. They should never question their abilities or capabilities. The 4 yrs I spent in my first company, and the honesty with which I was working, and still none of it proved useful, that will always remind me how wrongly stuck I was. If they had not wasted me the way they did, if I had not divided my focus on multiple boats – of work and mba, perhaps I would have never reached the high-point I have. The low point made sure I was never satisfied unless I reached the high-point. I had to change 2 more companies to be here. One of them was as big as it can get and perhaps everyone thought I was a fool to leave it. But, I can’t tell you what a good decision it was.
I’m not yet at the top, but I’m on it’s way. And, I’m peaceful. It is not what defines me, it is not what will kill me if I lost it. It is just an achievement. A testimony to my abilities. And, I’m thankful to God for giving me these moments. If I have to quit it all tomorrow, I’m sure something better will be waiting ahead.
5. Wishes – There are so many of my wishes unfufilled yet. Home, Travel, Position of power, Anay’s education, Anay’s upbringing. They worry me some times. Many a times when I’m low, they haunt me and make me feel like a loser. But, trust me dear, they are just your negative thoughts gnawing at you. You have achieved a lot and you’ll achieve all of these too. It is only a matter of time and patience. How it happens, which way it happens, your way or some other way, things will shape up. So, don’t worry about them. Have faith. And, let things roll by while you enjoy the view. These are the things which should make you understand that ‘the movie is not over yet, my friend’. Life is yet to unfold and it has a few more fireworks to offer to you 🙂 Just wait and watch.
Thank you God!